Building permits are issued by the Building Department.
Anyone seeking to construct, alter, repair, or demolish a structure must first obtain a building permit.
The building permit must be obtained before the start of any work and prominently posted at the job site..
- Register for a user account, if you do not already have one. The
Login and Register option are located in the upper right of the page.
When you register there are several required fields. These are necessary so we may
- Log into the site. When connected there will be a "Welcome" message
in the upper left of the page."
- Choose the application for the permit you need. Fill in the data requested. Required information
will be marked with a RED * Asterisk You will have an option to save an
unfinished application and complete it at a later time. If you do this you will find a reference to the incomplete
application on the Home page. Select and either continue or delete the application
- After submitting you will be directed to the process screen. Here you can track the
progress of your application, status, inspections scheduled, fees due, etc.
- Additional Documents may be needed. On the Progress screen, in the documents section, there may be a list
of documents needed to support your application. Documents can be saved in most standard formats. The preferred file format is PDF.
When a document is available, save it to your computer in a convenient location. On the process screen click on the + symbol adjacent
to the type of document being submitted and will be guided to upload the file or if the item is a fillable form you may complete a
item on line. If you are providing a document that is not listed (a photo for example) there is an 'Options' buttom at the
top of the Document section of the Process screen. Select Upload a Document and follow the steps provided.
- Check Your Email for any additional information or notices from us. These may contain additional
information requests or questions which will help facilitate and speed up the permit approval process.